View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 02:39 PM   #19
sashajade
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlene Purswel View Post
I have been looking for a rescue yorkie for my mom - her maltese died recently from old age and she really needs and wants another baby. I have been visiting rescue homes for the last month and taking my little Jazzy with me. I have noticed that many of the yorkies I see have very very short legs while Jazzy has long legs - she is 1 year old now and weighs 4.5 pounds - her hair is softer feeling and looking than the yorkies I have been seeing - one of the rescue ladies told me that my little baby has a defect in that her little rump sits kind of high like she has a little sway back - which I think is really cute by the way. When I asked why her legs were so much longer than the 5 yorkies she had at her house and why their hair was wiry while Jazzy has soft fine hair - she again said probably a breeder issue as if Jazzy was somehow not a "real" yorkie or something - it was really odd.

I don't really care either way - it was never my intention to buy a yorkie for breeding purposes - she had her spay when she was 7 months old - I bought her because I wanted a yorkie - and because when I met her she was the cutest one in the entire litter - I am just curious tho - I have looked at many of the pics on this forum and most of the dogs I see look just like her so does anyone know about the " rack" ( high rump) or the long legs vs really short legs ?
My zac has longer back legs than front so his butt sticks up, his mum sasha had it too.
If this lady made you feel bad next time she says something point out to her that breed standard on yorkies state they should have silky hair not wire then say never mind its prob a breeder issue.
Yorkies come in all colours, coat textures and sizes so dont worry Also if you are looking for a rescue please inbox me as i have a yorkie rescue group on facebook and i am sure you will find the perfect little one for you on the group
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!