View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 02:18 PM   #13
sashajade
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti View Post
Nikki is a rescue so we have no way of knowing how old he really is. 3 vets have all said he was at least 16 and that was a year ago. So he is estimated to be 17. His hearing is bad, he is blind in one eye, can't see well out of the other and sleeps 95% of the time.But he still is pretty spry when up. I have never had a dog live to this age. How is Zac doing? Does he have any signs of dementia?
Zac was starved of oxygen when he was born so he has always been a bit slow and had what i call 'zac moments' so its hard to tell if he is going a bit senile but i think he does have the start of it as his sleeping patten changed, he will sleep for 4 hours straight then be awake for 4 hours, he will wake in the night and want feeding again and little things like that but nothing really bad yet.
I have just brought some Activate to try as i have heard some really good things about it.
Zac does have cataracts and a chronic eye infection from the rhinitis but his meds keep it in check, he is also going deaf but he can hear if i shout.
Best way to tell how old a dog is by its teeth but as yorkies suffer from bad teeth most at zac or nikki's age dont have many left, zac has 3.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!