View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 01:23 PM   #18
Marlene Purswel
YorkieTalk Newbie!

I have been looking for a rescue yorkie for my mom - her maltese died recently from old age and she really needs and wants another baby. I have been visiting rescue homes for the last month and taking my little Jazzy with me. I have noticed that many of the yorkies I see have very very short legs while Jazzy has long legs - she is 1 year old now and weighs 4.5 pounds - her hair is softer feeling and looking than the yorkies I have been seeing - one of the rescue ladies told me that my little baby has a defect in that her little rump sits kind of high like she has a little sway back - which I think is really cute by the way. When I asked why her legs were so much longer than the 5 yorkies she had at her house and why their hair was wiry while Jazzy has soft fine hair - she again said probably a breeder issue as if Jazzy was somehow not a "real" yorkie or something - it was really odd.

I don't really care either way - it was never my intention to buy a yorkie for breeding purposes - she had her spay when she was 7 months old - I bought her because I wanted a yorkie - and because when I met her she was the cutest one in the entire litter - I am just curious tho - I have looked at many of the pics on this forum and most of the dogs I see look just like her so does anyone know about the " rack" ( high rump) or the long legs vs really short legs ?
Marlene Purswel is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!