View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 08:28 AM   #1
ASTPhi877
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Oh, how my babies have grown!!

My babies are getting so "big"! At Lucy's last vet visit (ear re-check... Doc said they're improving I had them weigh both of my girls, and My Oh My, how they've grown!

Lucy, my yorkie rescue, was a healthy 3lb13oz... up 2 - 4oz from last time (which is great, bc she has fluctuated btwn 3lb 9oz and 3lb 11oz for the last 4 months, and I've been worried because her build is so thin

And Lila, my Chi, weighed in at a whopping 4lb 3oz!!!! She's finally over the 4pm mark! I've always wondered when she would make it because she's been stuck right alongside Lucy forever (Lila's about a month younger than Lucy (rescue's) guestimated age.) But we've been doing a lot of training lately, and Lila always picks it up much faster than Lucy... So she always ends up getting most of the treats, lol!

*sigh* I can remember the day I brought Lila home... A little 6 week-old, 1lb bundle that someone had left at the pound... I knew absolutely nothing about puppies or dog... Only that she was going to be the love of my life and that I wanted to make her's as joyful as I possibly could.
I can remember cradling her in my arms on the kitchen floor, spoon feeding her the special vet prescribed wet food that she would barely eat, praying to God that she please take just a few more bites...
I can remember sleeping on the couch for over 2 months, with the coffee table - her crate on top - pulled inches from my face so she wouldn't get lonely. And how she used to shake her collar - a sound so low, only a hyper-attuned, overly-worried mommy would ever be woken by it - in her crate at night so I would know she was awake and it was time to go potty...
I can remember crying the first time I ever had to leave her for more than a few hours because I knew, I just KNEW, she'd go into a hypoglycemic coma and die before I could make it home... Even though I my she was safely in my mom's care for most of the day.
I can remember the vet laughing at me the 5th time I brought her in in two weeks "just to make sure she'll be alright while I'm at work... Because she hasn't been doing anything today, just sleeping the whole time, burrowed in a blanket... except for the 2 thirty minute walks... And the 3 hours it took to spoon-feed her 6 times... and the 8 times I took her outside to potty... But besides that all she's done is slept... I know because I cradled her in the blanket while she did it and stared at her the whole time." (The vet's final prognosis, between rolling her eyes and giggling at me was "Kathryn, I think you're dog is just HAPPY"

Thank goodness I got Lucy when she was older, lol!

God, I have so many memories of both of my babies... I honestly never realized that I could love two little critters as much as I do these two, and I can't believe how quickly they've grown up on me. It all goes by so quickly *tear*

God, I really need to invest in a camera.
ASTPhi877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!