View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 08:10 AM   #9
jojomima
Owned by Shadow
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael1983 View Post
If you have skinkids do you give your kids doggie chores to help with your yorkie.

I have an 8 year old daughter and apart of her dog chores are to make sure he's got food and fresh water daily and brushing on the weekends. This weekend she did bath time herself while I watched. (bath, blow dry, comb through, teeth brushing and pup spary).

I think it helps with responsibility and teaching her the proper way to treat animals.
I think that's great. My kids are all grown, but when my son was 17 he wanted a dog (we had a cat) and all the responsibility was his ( except when he was at school or working...hmmmm). When he moved out the dog went with him, when he had to move back, the dog came back. Funny, now she's my husband and my responsibility. Funny how that works!! Actually, she's 11 yrs old and arthritic with cataracts so she spends most of her day sleeping and hanging with us.

My granddaughter has a mini dachshound/min pin mix and she is responsible for feeding and caring for her. She's learned to be very responsible.

Good job.
jojomima is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!