View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 07:50 AM   #3
Woogie Man
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie's Mom View Post
Interesting, Jim. Thank you for posting this.

I can't really read Winograd's writings on his own site, bc he's too emotionally charged for me - and his emotions somehow get in the way of the content of his articles (for me).

But, in one of Winograd's article links you posted, he did link out to an article he wrote for the Examiner (here) and I thought this was a very well written and informative article! He's a much more powerful writer when he tones down the emotion (maybe he should hire whomever his editor was for the Examiner article ).

This really is concerning. If this concerted effort to defeat Oreo's law is as self-promoting and selfish and repugnant as these articles indicated -- then, I feel the same defeat as when our decisions in D.C. are made upon party lines, rather than upon content. UGH.

This is really disappointing to read, but it's important information.

I hope some of the rescue folks on YT see this, bc it'd be interesting to hear their firsthand account regarding rescuing dogs from shelters.

I'm thinking I'll write some letters to Best Friends, ASPCA etcetera. I wonder what else could be done.
Ann, I agree with you on this. It all starts to reek of partisan politics. Has our animal welfare movement become about power and control?

Nathan Winograd can come off as a little strong, but I think it's born out of frustration. As I mentioned earlier, Best Friends and No Kill Advocacy Center (Winograd's group) have worked together in the past and I believe it's painful for him to see things come to this. JMO and I am one that really believes in the No Kill movement.

I did look around for other sources of info, but we have to take what's there. My question would be...is this true? I just look past the editorializing and try to see the crux of the issue.

I also would like to see what some of the rescue people here think about this. It is rescue groups that are being mis-characterized to further an apparent agenda.

It's really a shame...because all this infighting does nothing to help the animals...which is what it's all SUPPOSED to be about.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!