View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 07:28 AM   #4
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

No skinkids for me but my 7 year old brother has 2 dogs living at my dad and step-moms house and I wouldn't say helping with the dogs is a 'chore'... it's not something he's forced to do but my stepmom will ask him to feed the dogs sometimes or let them in/outside the backyard, and he willingly enjoys going out in the yard and playing ball with the dogs, and taking them for a walk. When I'm over there, I will walk Jackson and Lily (their JRT) and he walks Buddy (their Dachshund mix).

When I was a kid, I got a Golden Retriever puppy for my 4th birthday. Even though she was "my" dog, my dad obviously knew going into it that the dog was ultimately his responsibility. But since I begged and begged for a dog for so long, they made me feed her, etc, but honestly that didn't last very long. I highly enjoyed her as a kid and was always playing with her but I don't remember her ever being a chore. But growing up with her, and then we added our Shepherd, taught me about loving and respecting animals. I've been a dog lover since I can remember.

Last edited by Britster; 02-21-2011 at 07:29 AM.
Britster is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!