View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 05:32 AM   #1
babbsiam44
YT 1000 Club Member

Default Elsa disappeared yesterday....

Well, it happened. Yesterday we were out cleaning the vehicles and I was spray painting some outside stuff for this summer and my little momma, Elsa, was with me, right by my side. So, I got a little "too" into what I was doing and did not keep an eye on her. My DH's cousin called and asked him to pick him up and as he was getting prepared to leave I started to call for Elsa...nothing, couldn't find her anywhere. I am all in the woods and everywhere on the ranch looking for her. After my DH is pulling out he is looking for her from the truck. Next thing you know he calls to tell me that he pulls out on the highway (a 2 lane hwy and 55 mph speed limit) he looks in his review mirror and there she is in the middle of the hwy chasing his truck. He slams on breaks, jumps out, starts waving like a mad man trying to stop traffic behind him so he can grab her. OMG Needless to say she did not go out again yesterday...peepads.

I was so happy and mad at the same time. She has never left off the ranch before. I got the 12' lead out, put it around a pole, and attached her to it this morning to go potty. She just stood there looking at me like I was stupid. At least she was standing there and not dead or at the vet.

If this is not a testimony that even a responsible pet owner can lose their baby, then I don't know what is. I watch her like a hawk but I dropped the ball hence...a stupid thing like this happened. Thank you for listening, I can still feel myself shaking a little bit this morning.

Last edited by babbsiam44; 02-21-2011 at 05:34 AM.
babbsiam44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!