View Single Post
Old 02-19-2011, 10:42 PM   #6
paulinanguyen2
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMySissy View Post
Because many times they can have a false negative. This definitely sounds like giardia - especially given the status of your new pup. I would have it tested again.

I'm not sure I agree with not continuing to treat the puppy. Giardia is extremely difficult to get rid of. In addition to the meds, have you disinfected literally everything the puppy came in contact with regularly (with a 10% bleach solution)?

hello, yeah i had his and her stool checked twice. his tested NEGATIVE and hers postitive the second time, but the vet assured me.. that often times after you treat a dog for giardia.. even after a month it will still show positive. i called the vet today and told her about my other dogs stool, and she insisted.. that she did not want me to treat snickers for giardia when we did a fecal. (sent out to the lab not a float) and she said its the most accurate test, she does not want to treat snickers for something he has not been tested positive for.. so she pescribed some providine or whatever its called..i dont remember. starts with a p. has a bunch of live cultures in it. she said she does want to treat him for something he does not have.

she said that she is pretty positive that lotus has been cleared, but that because she is a puppy it can still show in her stool that its positive. i am not going to argue wit her..b/c well she's the doctor. and so far she's been pretty accurate on diagnosing just bout everything i have brought my dogs in for.

as for being extra careful, yes.. everytime BOTH of my dogs go poop or pee outside, i wipe their paws and butt SUPER good, i have disinfected her toys.. i have steamed the carpet with bleach, i spray areas with bleach after she poops or has an accident in the house. i have BEEN SO careful!!!!!! i am thinking of getting her stool checked AGAIN in a couple of months ..to see if anything has changed just to give me peace of mind.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!