Thread: so sad :-(
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2011, 09:35 PM   #14
2Morkies
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasmineNoelle View Post
Yes, I too hope the pups owner was listening. Also, I am aware that petco has some young employees, and thankfully so..they need jobs and experience......however this was not a younger person, just not a knowledgeable one. I have met people at both petco and petsmart with knowledge. Where you are employed does not dictate how one uses their brain.

I'm pretty sure the employees need to have their Trainers certificate before they are allowed to train others and I know it's not easy to become a certified trainer.

I saw a strange trainer at Petco, during a puppy play class. It was free so I went for a little bit. I was horrified. The trainer was allowing dogs to be agreesive and jump all over my two and the other smaller ones. When my two would snap(which they never did before) she said it was okay because they were holding their own. NO WAY...right!!!! I told my trainer at Petsmart and she was shocked.
They've never snapped since....

As for the harnesses, I personally feel that ALL dogs should have harnesses instead of collars.

MuffinBoomer

Last edited by 2Morkies; 02-19-2011 at 09:40 PM.
2Morkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!