Thread: so sad :-(
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2011, 08:07 PM   #10
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by concretegurl View Post
No offense to you but what did you expect you were shopping at Petco...did you think big box retailers spend money hiring qualified "trainers" or staff familiar with animal needs etc or high school students and those wanting entry level employment...no offense to those who work there and care and are knowledgeable but let's be real...who are the majority of the people there? Going to management hmm yes but I'm skeptical it would be effectual in the long run...

I couldn't take going in and seeing dead and sick animals in the cages all the time...find a local pet or farm store that has been owned by someone for a couple years I'll bet serious money they know a lot more as their business survival depends on personal service, awareness and customer satisfaction...

one of the best advisers I've ever ran to in times of need is a local pet store owner (she also owns a pet boutique and is part owner in a dog day care grooming service parlor now) she has no formal training but after 30 years in the business I'd test her knowledge against any vet, trainer, behaviorist, groomer, etc. and she's free her business depends on her ability to keep up with the best and educate.

I'd remember this and not spend my hard earned dollar supporting a company who employs people like this...regularly, everywhere...
You cant judge all by one but I like petsmart a hole lot more then petco for so many reasons one they dont only carry tiny sizes in the clothes, petco charges more, it does seem like they higher really young people there, and there is never anyone at the darn register. I took Callie to petsmart for her puppy training classes and the women was awesome and Callie just loved her and after 3 years we still stop by to say hi to her so lets not bash all big box store trainers.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!