View Single Post
Old 02-19-2011, 07:38 PM   #10
kjcmsw
YT 500 Club Member

I think most dogs have a tendency to bond to one individual quite often. So I wouldn't worry about the dog bonding more to your girlfriend, see it for how cute and kinda funny it is. Just keep on giving him lots of affection and he'll gradually act more affection back. Walk around/holding him, take him outside - walk around the yard with him - show him the big world, give him treats...he'll figure out soon enough you're the good guy.

All of ours love the family, but if I've been gone and come home - then it's all about me to them. They won't give anyone else a "kiss" if I'm home. It's kinda funny, as hubby and son will try to get them to kiss them while I'm home and they absolutely refuse and sometimes run over and kiss me - but if I'm gone they'll love them to pieces. It's gotten to be a little game with hubby and son now. They see the humor of it all.

Then the cats, prefer my husband and son. (get a cat??!!! lol) One of our cats will sit on my lap but if she hears my hubby coming, she'll hurry up and jump off and act like she wasn't 'betraying' him - won't sit on my lap at all if he's in the room.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!