Thread: A New Hope
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2011, 06:42 PM   #7
smyrfette
Senior Yorkie Talker

My savannah shares the same horrible beginning as your hope does.

she doesn't know the difference between kind hands and those that abuse though after 3 weeks she's sure coming along with a lot of patience.

she didn't know what a treat was..what outside was...walks (she does those as of thursday night after almost 3 weeks of trying slowly and much patience and the doggie stroller to get her used to outside) her teeth as well need a serious cleaning.

she is only 3.6lbs and had two litters of puppies that was admitted to with her being 4 years old and almost died on her 2nd litter and needed a csection.

I am blessed to have access to rascal unit which is a non profit organization but they also offer vet care and their prices even without discounts etc are amazing.

I had a total workup done blood/stool for savannah including a microchip and bortadella shot 144.00

for her teeth and spay the estimate was 150 to 279.00 (depending on teeth needing pulled) so you for sure need to find a place like this.

god bless your heart for taking her under your wing

try feeding her natural balance moist food as well to get some weight on her.

I am not sure what the vet said about what she needed already but around her eyes it looks like tearing that most yorkies have.

I used to tell my binky eye boogs have to go and I'd work in softening it up with a cotton pad soaked in water then I'd take a baby toothbrush and brush it out working on get it cleaned off.

I do the same with my savannah she needs a bath tomorrow and hates eyes clean mode but she's getting used to my daily fussing with her.

I think you need to get the clippers out if she is that matted and cut her hair down.

I don't think the stitch ripper will help with matts to the skin or even using the scissors the same way to break up the matt.
smyrfette is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!