Thread: Picky Eater
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2011, 05:08 PM   #7
107barney
T. Bumpkins & Co.
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by michy14 View Post
My yorkie paris just turned 5 months yesterday. We got her when she was 2 months old & when we got her from the breeder she was on purina. After a few weeks we switched her onto halo & she loved it for the first 3 months then stopped eating it altogether. Now she is currently on royal canin. But for the past 2 or 3 weeks I am having the same issue. She just does not want to eat it.

Sometime she will eat it if i let it soak in water. She loves scrambled eggs so once a month i mix 1/2 of a scrambled egg with a TINY bit of salt & mix it with the kibble but she'll just eat the egg & leave the kibble.

She LOVES human food so my question is, is it okay to make dogfood for her using human food? I found one site but most of the recipes actually say to put either onions or garlic powder but i heard that those are bad for dogs.
Yes it is ok to home cook for your dog but you have to make sure that you are balancing the diet properly. You should not just mix this or that to commercial dog food or feed human food without supplementation in most cases. For $25 you can buy a diet certified to be be balanced by a veterinary nutritionist, Dr. Remillard, through her website Welcome to Pet Diets

This is the nutritionist I use to help me with home cooking.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!