Thread: A New Hope
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2011, 04:55 PM   #6
Jennxling
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by concretegurl View Post
I'm sorry I misread your post, I thought you were looking for someone to take her in and who was willing to cover her medical issues...I just messaged a lady I know who runs a rescue closer to you than I am...if you want me to pass on the response she give me I will gladly do so.

Commendable you are taking this all on, on your own...are you going to be keeping her and taking on all of after care yourself too...sorry I'm nosy.

I can say from experience a "special needs" dog with certain behavioral traits TAKES A LOT of care, effort and time working with them...I too went through it learning as I went but I wouldn't wish that on anyone! What works for most dogs isn't the same as a rescue from big things to the littlest.

In the least I really recommended talking to some people who are familiar with the special needs and methods of working with dogs like this, I'm no expert I've just been there and gone through it too and I am more than willing to offer you what I know from advice passed to me and what I've learned in my own experience.
She's not special needs, she just need a lot of care that she's been neglected from all her life. I am planning on getting her the medical care she needs and then rehome her to a furever loving home like all other rescues. I plan on having my own rescue in the future so all the hard work will pay off. She's become really attached to me so I want her to stay with me until she's adoptable.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!