View Single Post
Old 02-19-2011, 10:19 AM   #2
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by backwardsrain View Post
I read on another forum that sending a breeder an email along the lines of "I want a puppy. What do you have? Colors/Sizes?" (that's a short version of course) is considered very rude and good breeders don't want to sell to someone who only asks about things like size.

I'm not sure what else to ask about, other than if they are tested for genetic diseases. Their websites usually give all the information I need about whether they show, etc.

So, breeders, what do you look for when a potential owner contacts you? Do you dislike email and prefer they call you instead?
I think email is fine, to initiate a conversation between purchaser and breeder.
You might want to give an abbreviated version of who you are, why you are interested in "their" breed, and what you are looking for in a puppy.

It might look something like this: Hello; My name is _________. I visited your website today, and was pleased to see you are a member of the YTCA, that has been breeding for "x" number of years.
I fell in love with the Yorkie breed, when I was a child as I grew up with 2 or more Yorkies. Now that I am settled, and in a place where I can spend the time, energy and money to devote to this special breed, I am looking for a puppy that is healthy, rambuctious, inquisitive, one that truly exhibits all the qualities of the Standard Yorkshire Terrier.

I would love to talk with you more about your breeding program, and hope that we can establish a mutually convenient time to speak in person.

Please feel free to contact at .....................
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!