View Single Post
Old 02-18-2011, 10:31 PM   #9
concretegurl
Between♥Suspensions
Donating Member

Exclamation

Never use a collar on a Yorkie period-especially for walking.
Try a front leading harness-great for all breeds!
When they pull past you immediately turn around and go the other way...seriously though I don't care if my little Yorkie walks in front and pulls he's not too big and unmanagable when asked to return he does ( I don't even use a leash on him really I know I'm bad but he never laves my side and it makes it easier to walk my other dogs) but whatever...works for others just be educated.

Note for other dog breeds:This is only for extreme cases also not a first resort..
A choke collar is more damaging that a prong collar
which is actually a Herm Sprenger collar (get the rubber ball covered prong ones and have a vet make sure it is the right size prong) it pinches the skin on the neck as opposed to crushing the dogs neck often making breathing difficult...I have used a Herm Sprenger collar before with my dog who had a serious aggression towards other dogs...he yelped one time and well that was enough for me...although putting it on him inside out afterward worked wonders...i never used it again and really feel they should only be used in serious situations under the advice of a trainer...
Choke collar = crushing the throat causing damage
Herm Sprenger + causes pain by pinching skin...
Neither are needed anywhere as much as they are sold and used-

Last edited by concretegurl; 02-18-2011 at 10:34 PM.
concretegurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!