View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 06:24 PM   #13
Deni_b
Yorkie Yakker

Animal Smiley 036

I'm a very spoiled Yorkmom. Not only is my little darling completely trained to grass, she barks at the door to go out. TicTac is only 1 and a half years, but has had full run of our 2 story house for about a year without a single slip. She whisper barks in my ear at nite to go out. I did start her on pads by the back door and simply moved them outside when she got the idea. Now we only use them when we travel. I have a doggie door, but won't use it with TicTac for fear of hawks, coyotes or thieves. I also think she might not have learned to bark for me to open the door. We go out together. We started potty training the day she came home and stuck to it religously. Wake up AM, go pee pee, eat, go pee pee, after nap, go pee pee, play with toys, go pee pee. Now at bed time I simply open the back door and tell her to go pee pee, off she goes! I do turn the big light on, she isnt fond of the dark. I'm home all day and even though I do have a crate, I've never used it with TicTac. The real secret to potty training I think is vigilance and persistance. Even if an accident were to happen, your little darling will look at you with those expressive warm eyes and melt your heart. Really, whats a teaspoon of pee pee gonna do to lesson the love you have for that little fluff. Best of luck to you.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!