View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 05:13 PM   #8
concretegurl
Between♥Suspensions
Donating Member

Omg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furbaby Friend View Post
I also recommend Mimimomo and her wonderful Madan products! If you are unsure of what to order (like I was) she will help you pick things out. She is super helpful!

I highly recommend getting a pin brush, a mustache comb, and a grooming comb if you can afford them! If you can only get 2, I would go for the pin brush and the mustache comb.

I always read that you should NEVER use a brush with beads on the ends as they damage hair (that goes for humans too folks, but I care more about my Rylie than I do my own head lol I use a brush with beads for myself...)
That's actually what detoured me.
I tried the pin brush on myself after protests from one of my dogs 9yes I'm gentle while brushing) and it really hurt my scalp...my mini schnauzer doesn't react to them but she tolerates hand stripping (plucking) of her wiry coat and ears with no issues either-I think some of us and them are just more sensitive than others. I used to swear by my boars hair brushes but they seem to fluff the hair so much.

But if hey if it doesn't bother your dog to use it and it is less damaging sounds like a good deal. I personally haven't had an issue with hair breakage issue with my bead headed pin brushes but that's a good thing to know, I'll really be watching for it now.
concretegurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!