View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 04:32 PM   #1
smyrfette
Senior Yorkie Talker

Smile Savannah my rescue walked on her leash today!

I've been working on the leash walking it will be 3 weeks tomorrow and I'm telling you this poor little angel was so scared to death of outside she'd just freeze.

Monday afternoon thanks to my sweet sweet sis for gifting me a pink dog stroller for birthday it arrived fedex.

Sometimes sisters just know what you really need in your life and know the personal struggles you go through more than you really know yourself.

I set up the stroller with Savannah all curious as to what I was doing and I finally put her in...gosh she went nuts digging it all over then she just laid right down in it.

I took her out but gosh that was a huge fuss she couldn't get back in on her own and i finally bent and pinned it between the couch and coffee table so she could view it from the couch.

Next thing I knows she's unburying her cookie stash and dropping it in..then comes the blanket she was trying to do this ..a funny vision watching a 3.6lb dog trying to drag a baby blanket

i helped her put it in and she jumped in and had to make her little nest...too cute for words I have to admit

Monday we started using it for walks and she was pretty scared shaking but seemed to be trying to enjoy it by looking out.

The moved forward to the point she'd jump in and call me to look over and be asking for a stroll outside.

Today was so pretty outside I figure she'd done this walk who know how many times this week and I'd take her leash.

I put her down in the court yard area near the path and grass and she froze so we tried that again farther down the path.

She actually started sniffing around and started walking then sniffing

She then met my neighbors little poodle puppy and another neighbors rescue sheltie.

The good and amazing thing she continued to walk when I'd tell her she was such a big girl and she did this all the way to our house.

She may have tip toe'd but she sure wasn't going to let those others dogs see she was a wuss and couldn't walk..lol

I have tears in my eyes typing this since this is such a big milestone for her.
smyrfette is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!