View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 04:12 PM   #12
concretegurl
Between♥Suspensions
Donating Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLilyRose View Post
Thank you! I know there is something called "fox face" as well...I guess it is kind of hard to tell how big their snout will be when they are young..
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasKat08 View Post
I don't think these terms have actual definitions. Certainly not through YTCA or AKC. I think of them as marketing terms breeders use to draw buyers in because certain terms - cobby, doll face, tea cup, teddy bear, etc. - have erroneously become synonymous with "desirable," "special," "rare," "quality," etc., which then "justifies" charging more.
Good to know! I read the "fox face" one for the first time last night...and yes it probably is just that: marketing terms...but I have noticed that a lot of show dogs seem to have the "fox face" more than the "teddy bear" and wondered if there was any real reasoning behind it or a conformity issue. Perhaps it's just the genetics (facial bone structures of the parents) of the lines being shown in the ring...

And MyLil Rose I forgot to say either/or, you have a lil cutie on your hands...I often refer to my Elvis as having a Wookie face...not sure that marketing term will ever catch on though...maybe Ewok faced Yorkies will be the next marketing term...sounds cute to me until I think about pug nasal issues (i.e. brachycephalic dogs).
concretegurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!