View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 10:25 AM   #1
mauirobin
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Hats off to all you rescue folks

What a morning I have had! Went to breakfast, took my laptop, & found a last ditch effort flyer to save a Great Dane in Tennesse. Now mind you, I'm a Yorkie/Dachshund person...but the fact that this Dane was going to die tomorrow, only cuz the person that intervened & took the dog to her vet instead of a rescue, only gave her 3 days to live instead of a month. This was at 7 am this morning. I am in Ohio (Cincinnati) but contacted a Great Dane rescue here in Ohio, & offered to drive down...(30 miles west of Chatanooga, pick her up & bring her to Ohio border for the rescue.

They wouldn't take her cuz her tail was a bit shaggy & curled, meaning she wasn't full-blooded, & with no room, they would only intervene if she was full-blooded.

They weren't cruel people, it's just that there is No Room!

I then made arrangements for my small dogs to stay with their Daddy in Columbus, & offered to go pick up the Dane anyway & foster her for how ever long it took to find her a home. The good news is....they found her owner today, so she will not be Euthanized tomorrow!

The point is....I invested 5 hours to try to save one dog....and there are 4 million in this country that need saving....You all that do this on a daily basis....my hat is off to you! This one dog wasn't a Yorkie, but I thought still needed saving, & I couldn't imagine going through this every day!

She was listed on kycentral.org Beware & don't go to that site without some tissues handy. There are a lot of dogs there who are out of time. I have offered transport services when needed, as I don't feel I am a good foster candidate as my yorkies aren't fixed.....yet....

The 5 hours I spent today trying to help one dog is nothing compared to what you all do. Thank you for all you do!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!