View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 09:41 AM   #12
AllDogBoots
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster Brown View Post
I know what you mean sometimes when I put a sweater or coat on Buster he just stands there like a statue and won't move until I take it off. When we say time for a walk and approach with his harness Buster looks so sad. He really hates putting on his harness. I have about eight different harnesses step in, over the head , built in vests but still the sad face. Yet when he gets outside he is OK Let's go. He is pretty good about walking but he now has to mark everything. I realize he is checking his peemail, finding out what is going on in the neighborhood thread, and leaving a posting but it would be nice to just walk too. I am trying Victoria's ideas out and hopefully we will be able to walk by a couple bushes without marking them.
I hired a trainer about 2 years ago when Cooper was a puppy. I knew nothing and realize now that I don't agree with most of her techniques, however she helped somewhat. When we walked Cooper, she used the command "no sniff" and when he popped his head off the ground he was given a treat. She said the dog should not have his nose stuck to the ground while walking. Maybe try that? Or, when he pulls towards the bushes (it's probably the same ones on each walk, so you'll know), just turn the other way. Cooper has a favorite marking spot on a pole and I've gotten him to stop by pulling the other way. Or, just keep walking while keeping him close to you.

Listen to me, giving walking advice. LOL
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!