View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 05:29 AM   #7
Beamers Mom
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancakepat View Post
Thanks for all your help Beamer, but, that wasn't it. I just got a foster yorkie last week. The Humane Society has their own vet, which is understandable. He had prescribed the prednisone after 5 days of taking meloxicam. It was for dry itchy skin & ringworm. She wasn't itching much & ringworm wasn't bad. Took her to my vet & he didn't think she needed such drastic measure. If Shiloh (her name) had big open sores then he would recommend it. Prednisone messes w/liver, kidney & immune system. Told me to feed her "good" food, use a good conditioning shampoo, and use tanatan antifungal cream. Said to keep the prednisone on hand. Had my vet agreed w/giving her the prednisone, I wanted to be able to suggest an alternative. The ringworm sores are dried up, but vet said it'll take couple months for them to go away. I understand that ringworm is in the dirt and anyone can get it. Also treating her for ear infection (yeast).

She was being fed Science Diet dog food (loaded w/corn). Shiloh is chewing her paws some, I'm sure, due to the corn. I'm switching her over to Wellness, but that's a long process. Just can't wait to get her off that cow feed. I'm using Tropiclean oatmeal shampoo & conditioner as recommeded by my groomer. Can't find the Tanatan Cream. Wondering if the secretary at the vet's misspelled the name. Have you ever heard of it? I'll call the vet tomarrow AM.
Thanks again.

What about this thread?

http://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/yor...isone-etc.html
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!