View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 09:42 PM   #2
kjc
I♥PeekTinkySaph&Finny
Donating Member

Happy 3rd Birthday, Julie Anna!

Hope you had a wonderful Birthday!

I used to feed any mid-range protein level food (18-23%) I could find at PetsMart or Petco. Mine all did well on them, although some were liked better than others. Now I feed Life's Abundance, and they all seem to be thriving on it. I like it better too, because I don't spend as much (could never just get their food!), and it's delivered to my door (so I only have to hump it one time, into the house)(great for older folks like myself!). If I find they're getting bored, I switch up the flavors, or I add a little bit of green beans (great for feeling full), cottage cheese, parmesan cheese, pasta, etc...

I use probiotics also, to help with their digestive tracts. It helps to break down the food to a level where their bodies can get all the nutrients without working so hard (makes the food more easily digestable)... sometimes if they are lacking a good amount of the good bacteria, the food doesn't break down completely. If a dog has gas, smelly stools and the like, they would more than likely benefit from probiotics added to their diet.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!