View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 03:44 PM   #1
MamaOf3
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Needs advice on 6 mon puppy

Hi everybody. I have a little situation and it concerns me, but I don't know if i'm overreacting or what. So here goes:

My two Yorkies got together and had a litter, one little girl survived (rip baby boy rocco). My fiance and I sold her to my future brother-in-law because he wanted another dog and he loved the yorkie dad so much that he wanted her since he know the puppy would have good genes. We see Julie (the puppy) all the time and it's very hard for me to keep my opinions to myself, but this is something I'm not sure I should keep my mouth shut on. She is almost 7 months old and in my opinion is skinny. You can feel her ribs and her hip bones. Now keep in mind the mama Yorkie is a skinny little girl, but not that skinny. The puppy also eats ridiculously fast and can eat all the time. She tries to eat the other dog's food even after the cup of food she eats. however, my main concern is that my brother-in-law is feeding her adult dog food and has been for a couple months i believe. I think he's doing it because it's easier that way to feed both of them adult food than to split them up when they eat. I feel that she's not getting the proper nutrition a puppy like her needs, but I don't know how to go about talking to him because it's not my dog anymore. If anyone could please give me some ideas of how to talk to him, or to let me know if I'm overreacting I'd greatly appreciate it. thanks
MamaOf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!