View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 10:52 PM   #1
Sandysbabies
YT 2000 Club Member

Unlove Worn out and don't want to let go

Some of you might remember our little schnauzer, Tina, getting caught in our recliner. Tina has demenia (almost 14) and it gets harder everyday because she can't see real well either. She will stand and look at the walls or just walk, walk, walk. She got in the water bowl the other night and turned it over and was just drenched. Carpet too. Last night she got under the bed and took forever to get her out. I am so afraid she will get hurt again, I have been putting her in her kennel at night. Its hard because she needs to go tee tee or get a drink so often. I am literally wore out, because she has to be watched constantly. She eats good and will just hop and run like she did when she was young. The only thing she bumps into the things when she does this. To groom her is a nightmare. I can hardly keep her still long enough to do anything. I don't know what to do, but my husband is not ready to let go either. Gosh, it is so hard. We love them like our children and it hurts to see her like this. Pray for her and us to have the wisdom to know when its time.
Sandysbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!