Thread: sleep patterns
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 06:20 PM   #8
kjcmsw
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mum View Post
we have a 2yr yorkiepoo who was crated for 6mo then moved to our bed..we adopted a 2 mo morkie and she cries constantly in the grate so last night she slept with us..any suggestions?

All I can say is you've now set the precedence - if she whines, she gets to come out. If you don't mind, then there isn't a problem. They are like children...and it's a matter of who can hold out the longest. Our newest Yorkie cried, whined, whimpered something terrible the first couple nights...we learned which was the gotta go potty cry - and which was her attempting to dictate the arrangement. She quit. It only took a 2-3 nights until she figured out we didn't abandon her and we were there for her.
All of ours having "night sleeping" crates (which they never go near during the day!!!) - they know their bed time, look forward to it, all is peace and quiet by 7:30-8:30 each night for us to enjoy some just people and/or tv time. I think they appreciate the routine.
We do have all but two of them in the bedroom with us and if they do whimper (& I know they don't have to go potty) then I just say something like, 'go back to sleep' in a soothing voice and they do.
Just decide the routine you want and follow it, they'll adjust...they, again like children really are looking for a 'leader' (so seems it with mine)
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!