View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 08:44 AM   #2
Deuce
No Longer a Member

Omg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddavis161 View Post
Please Help.

I have a 1 1/2 year old Yorkie Girl which I bought with a grade 4 luxating Patella. The person knew of this problem and did not tell me because I tracked her down to the vet who saw her the first time and it was noted. Now it has been over a year and i want to find a friend for my dog who I love so much. I will be meeting with the Vet soon to speak about my options for her. She is not lame yet but it is a grade 4 and I hope not only she can handel the surgery but also myself. This time I chose to pick a breeder that I researched. There is even info on her in Yorkie Talk and I don't want to disclose her name. I want a healthy dog this time and have paid for the dog in full, but did not get it yet. She always neuters or spayes her dags before you get them and she will have someone bring me the dog from NYC to phoenix. She told me it has a grade 1 or 2 luxating patella and that is normal. I am paying 2,100 for this dog and keep looking at his pics. she said at 16 weeks it did not have it but he probably got it from bouncing. she said this was normal and not to worry. I already have a dog with this problem. Is this normal or should I back out..Please Help before I get attached.
I recommend backing out, LP is not "normal" per-say, it is a common problem in yorkies but shouldn't be considered "normal" and you definitely shouldn't be paying 2100 for a sick dog. Normally, breeders will place pups with LP into an adoptive home that they have reviewed and acknowledged the disease and are financially and emotionally prepared to handle the problems.
I say run, run, run from this breeder.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!