View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 11:38 PM   #7
Deuce
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinetika View Post
Hi everyone, been a member for years but rarely post.

So my little heart is 5 years old, i decided to never neuter him in hopes of one day breeding him , but have never gotten around to it.

I live in the NYC area and honestly have no clue as to how i can go about finding someone who has a female and that wants to breed responsibly. It's not about the money or anything like that, but id like to keep his family tree alive and have a puppy for my kids (in the future).

Can anyone recommend anything or point me in the right direction? I just want to find someone that is responsible and is looking to do the same for their female yorkie.
IMO, you should just neuter your male and adopt/purchase another puppy. It's not like there is anything special about your little male that'll be passed on through his genes, other than possible medical problems as I doubt you've even done any pre-breeding tests. It'll be cheaper for you, and for the owner of the dam if you just adopt a puppy.
Besides, if something goes wrong during the breeding, which it probably will if you've got a 5 year old inexperienced male, what'll you do?
Are you willing to adjust to your male going stir crazy after the breeding? He'll be like a teenaged boy that just lost his virginity, with the exception that he'll be marking all over your house to try to attract females...Is that something you want to deal with? I honestly don't know how you've lived with an unneutered male for 5 years, but any kind of male type issues that you're having now will only amplifiy after a breeding. And once marking starts, it'll be dang near impossible to stop them, even after a neuter.
Not all males are fit for breeding, I would discuss this with the breeder you purchased your male from. She/he will be able to fill you in about the lines, and if you should/shouldn't be breeding with her lines with as little experience you have in this field.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!