View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 10:11 PM   #1
anastacea
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Housebreaking question

Hi,
My yorkie can be so good about going to the bathroom outside at times and then out right awful other times.

We make frequent trips outside, and she will often "go potty" outside on command. And at night, we keep her in a crate, and she will wake me up by scratching on the crate to let me know she has to go. Then will go immediately outside. When she is in her play pen, we keep a pad in there and she always goes pee on the pad in the play pen, never misses. We only keep her in the play pen when we can't supervise her or when we go out.

Today, she went over to the back door and pushed on it trying to get out, then when I let her out she went pee and poo shortly after.

But, later tonight, we played outside for 15 minutes or so, and then when she came back inside she pooped on the floor 5 minutes later. Then about 1 hour and a half later, she pooped again on the carpet, with no attempt to go outside.

Then when she clearly didn't really have to pee, she did this little tinkle on the carpet, so tiny I could barely call it a pee. But, she did it deliberately while I was seated in my office chair right next to her. I wasn't sure she was really going, so I didn't interrupt. What is the point of this little accident?

What gives? Any help would be appreciated. One thing to note, is that when we take her outside, she almost always goes on the pee pads that are laid out on our patio, but she rarely poos on them.

Last edited by anastacea; 02-13-2011 at 10:13 PM.
anastacea is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!