View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 08:08 AM   #10
Maximo
♥ Maximo and Teddy
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpanther11 View Post
The vet said the diarrhea was possible coccidia. But she also said something about a parasite shedding and causing his poop to have mucous in it. She gave him some medicine to take once a day that's gonna help kill the parasite and firm up his poop.

When I bought him two weeks ago the owner was feeding him Eukanuba. So I was gradually switching him to Wellness Just My Puppy. But since his stomach messed up I went and bought some more Eukanuba to gradually switch again. I thought that was the cause of his soft stool. Now he weighs 4.5lbs.

So could I add some water in the chicken broth and use it with the chicken breast and rice? And is the precooked chicken breast ok to use or should I just get the raw chicken breast and cook that?
I'm glad your pup is getting the medicine he needs. You could use a pre-cooked chicken, but finding one that doesn't have anything added is tough. Buy some raw chicken, boil a little at a time, and throw the rest in the freezer until you need it.

I would stick with the Eukanuba until your pup is settled and completely well. Diet changes can be rough on a pup, especially when he is dealing with so many other changes. Best wishes.

Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!