View Single Post
Old 04-04-2005, 01:45 PM   #8
RazzleGirl
YorkieTalk Newbie!

I have a similar problem which has been going on way too long. My yorkie knows that I am her mommy. I take care of her. She is trained to potty outside...and boy does she love going outdoors. So much so that I normally have to force her to come back inside. To avoid going back inside she will plant her feet down in the pine straw flower beds and refuse to move. If I go to pick her up she starts snarling, thrashing around, and showing her teeth. SHe is basically like a toddler throwing a temper tantrum. She doesn't do this to my husband though (he RARELY takes her outside, but he says she never acts bad about coming back inside). She also does this at night when she gets sleepy. Everynight she falls asleep in my lap and when I need to get up she snarls and snaps at me. She will try to jump back on the couch and grumbles as I make her go to her house for bed time. My husband says she doesn't normally do this to him, only on occassion. He gets to spend more time playing with her than I do...I am the one that takes care of her though. Does she not see me as the alpha and how can I change this behavior??? I usually scold her but it hasn't changed her behavior. Please give me some advice!!
RazzleGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!