View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 08:21 PM   #2
YorkieSchmalz
Senior Yorkie Talker

Hi,
I wouldn't worry to much about Storm not playing with toys to much. I had 2 yorkies growing up and they rarely ever played with toys. However i have 2 yorkies right now and one can play all day while my other plays once in a while with toys. Some yorkies are just not into toys. Have you tried chew toys or treats? Some good options are kongs or bullysticks.

As for potty training, I would work on that as soon as possible. Crate training works well I highly recommend it. I would suggest also buying crateware for the crate to make it comfortable for your puppy. Jeffers pet store has some at a good price.

Also time feeding is helpful while potty training. I used to feed mine 3 times, morning, mid day and evening. Once they were potty trained and notice that they nibble through the day I started leaving their food down all day.

One more thing make sure to look into how your are going to travel or ship Storm to the Middle East. Many countries there are not dog friendly and have strict importing laws.

I hope this helps.
YorkieSchmalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!