View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 04:05 PM   #15
mileydog
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabbit View Post
Eukenuba is a low quality dog food....First I would suggest buying a premium quality dog food....that might help put an end to his poo eating habits...as his body will absorb more nutrients from the higher quality food...

and secondly I don't really trust the advice of a breeder that allows an 8 week old puppy to leave it's mom.

And finally....Puppies should have access to food and water 24/7...they don't eat much and I found my babies to be more grazers anyhow..never eating more than a couple bites at a time all day...

Being so small I would also have honey or nutrical on hand in case his blood sugar drops...

Good luck..I hope your puppy is healthy!
I disagree that Eukenuba is a low quality dog food. Probably not the highest quality with respect to protein levels but overall not a bad food. For the food snobs out there, yes there are higher quality foods out there including grain free, holistic etc..but overall don't worry about the brand of food.

We did free feed our little one for the first 6 months. They usually just pick and run. It's hard to overfeed them when they are young but once they are about 1 year old, we only fed them 2 times a day. Once in the morning and once for dinner. Enjoy your new baby.
mileydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!