View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 09:07 AM   #20
Deuce
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HannahandMo View Post
I was in the petstore getting some more doggie tooth brushes and met a lady with a big yorkie. She said it jokingly of course,(the term teapot) but I had not heard of a yorkie being over 7 lbs. Her female was 8 lbs and had 6 babies. One is I think- 3 weeks old and she said it was 2 lbs already. I think it's a cute term and the sister (9lbs) to the new mom was adorable. (She was in the cart going shopping for treats) They seem a lot sturdier for children I gave her my number to set up a playdate sometime am a bit worried that the size might hurt my smaller ones. Just have to keep a close eye on them of course!

Anyone else somewhat concerned that now byb's have a cute term to describe their out of standard yorkies? Granted, I'd rather see teapots being sold than teacups, but still, it worries me. I love the breed how it's supposed to be, and out of standards are very adorable and make great pets, but I can't help but be concerned for the way the breed is headed.

ps, I'm sure your pups will do great with the larger yorkies Have fun on your play date
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!