View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 06:48 PM   #70
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlDebra View Post
Hmmmm....are you sure Basil is named after a Marine? There are so many famous Basils with NAVY history! Basil Daratsos -- Navy Lacrosse player; Basil Brooke -- Royal naval Officer in WW I; Basil Izzi -- spent 83 days adrift on a life raft during WW II & lived to tell about it; Brother Basil -- a chukka boot???? (How did that get in here?); Basil John Douglas Guy, Navy Commander in early 1900's; Basil Wolfe, Royal Navy during WW II and then of course there is the fact that fresh basil is a required ingredient in any pot of Navy Bean Soup worth its salt. Hehehehe.....feeling ornery today! Just a little good natured Navy~Marine gest! Actually I think it is a fine name and I look forward to seeing more pics of the cute little man along side his new siblings, especially Carlo wearing his new vest!

I am probably feeling ornery because I had to go into the base the other day and was so down about all the Navy uniforms. You can't even tell who is Navy anymore. Those weird digitized blue utilities and then letting everyone in the world wear khakis -- it is just plain unnatural, I tell you! I remember when I was young and would hear the old retired geezers talking about the way it was in their day and I thought they were just old and cantankerous. I guess there are a whole new generation thinking that about me now. My son is one of them too! I am always asking him how he is letting this happen on his watch.
Too bad Debra, wishful thinking....this is Sgt. John Basilone, WWII Hero, US Marine Corp hero.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!