View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 06:28 PM   #1
NikoNiks
Yorkie Talker

Default Niko just had 10 teeth extracted and a dental and..

Hey guys,

Niko is a little over a year old and I'm just slightly worried. Ever since we got home from the vet, Niko has been moping around and in the literature I got after, it seems to be normal for the day of procedure.

He was still excited to see me and my family members and walking, following me upstairs and stuff, but he looks so beat. Obviously he is too tired and beat to play with any toys, but poor guy is just moping around. His eyes are popping out and it just looks as if he is severely tired/in pain and his eyes keep tearing up. When he was sitting in my lap I could hear him crying/wimpering.

My vet said I can give him his ketorolac tomorrow (I have 5 syringes given to me, 1 per day, they are premeasured liquid given by mouth). He got a ketrolac shot already after the procedure and some numbing shots, probably around 11am.

I just can't stand to see him in pain, is it safe for me to give him one syringe early?

Or is there anything i can do to help him with his pain in his mouth? Like a cold wash cloth to his gums or anything? Do you guys have any ideas of how I can make him more comfortable?

Last edited by NikoNiks; 02-10-2011 at 06:30 PM.
NikoNiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!