View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 03:56 PM   #9
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulinanguyen2 View Post
there are not vet derms in my area..the closest ones are.. actually an hour away. i will probably look into that.

im not sure i quite understand what you are saying, a holistic vet has once told me that you should switch their protein source every 3 months or so to avoid them from developing allergies later.

not sure which is true now.
I hear you. I have to drive about 35 minutes to our Vet Derm, and it is a bit of a haul. But I swear, you'll be so happy you did!

What EllieMay is saying is that there isn't anything wrong w/ rotating protein sources. However, you should 'save' some protein sources in the case that later in life (or now, for that matter) she has food allergies. If she's already eaten every source of protein out there, then you won't be able to use a 'novel' (new, never had before) protein for an elimination diet (an allergy diet).

Ack, it's hard to explain...but do you know what I mean? Sorry if I'm not very good at explaining it.

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!