View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 03:14 PM   #3
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjc View Post
The ratio of 60% dog food to 40% anything else will ensure he's getting the proper doggy nutrition.

You could prepare the chicken for treat size, then freeze it. Take it out and thaw it before use, an hour or two ahead of time. Any remainder will keep for 3-4 days in the fridge. If you're really feeling lazy, you can buy the precooked chickens at Costco, chop it up and use that. For $5, it'll probably be cheaper than cooking the chicken yourself, Just be sure to get the plain, unseasoned type....

PS: for anybody else (as the Britster is anti-grains) I use Gerber's Graduates Puffs as treats.... over 200 treats per container at $2-3 .... can't beat that... and about 20 different flavors....
Thanks!! Knowing me, I'll probably end up buying the precooked chickens.

I'm not *totally* anti-grains I like grain free foods for the most part but I often buy treats with grains in them. I actually might try these Gerber Puffs, Jackson is so picky though, but since they are so cheap, I might just buy a container to try... not sure if he'd like them or not. He even turns his nose up at Zuke's now. Lol. Picky picky dog!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!