View Single Post
Old 04-04-2005, 01:06 PM   #1
Chelsie1978

Question Question about false pregnancy

My baby Jess wil be a year old on the 27th of this month.She went ito heat for the first time a couple of months ago and everything went well.A couple of days ago I noticed that she had a huge lump on one of her breasts..so of course I panicked and began thinking the worst (she is not fixed).
Today we took her to the vets for a check up and the reason her breasts were swollen is because she is producing milk! She is having a full blown false pregnancy.We have been given some meds to dry her milk up and prevent mastitis (Galastop 15k) which she will have to take for a week.She had been vomiting etc too which is a normal sympton in this case...but my question is,will this happen to her after every heat? Or is it just a one off thing? She has been acting very depressed and also motherly towwards one of her toys (we thought she was just keeping it from Lady our other yorkie),and my vet thinks that this could happen more than once.I dont want to fix her,she is a wonderful size for breeding..but if she is going to get this alot I would rather fix her and keep her from getting so sad again What should I do?

btw:she has never been in contact with a male.
Chelsie1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!