View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 12:09 PM   #1
misslissa
YT 1000 Club Member

Default what age does a puppy start to show a real personality?

So my brother and sister have just about convinced me to get them a pug puppy.
We look into rescue but kept getting turned down because,
1.we don't own our house(even though I had a note from the owner saying I could have pets and would be in the house at least another 2 years)
2. we don't have a fenced in yard.( we do have a 10x10 fenced area for them to run in but the rescues want the whole 1/4 acre fenced)
3. my brother is 11 most rescues not under 12.(he is the best kid in the world with animals never rough and takes Gatsby out everyday after school,when its warm)

So the breeder I was looking at is not having a litter till the summer so I have time to work with the kids on "The Puppy Plan"

They are right now planning out the first 6 months week by week and want to know when they should go and pick the puppy they want.

so what age does a puppy start to show a real personality?
I mean I know at 2 and 3 weeks they are still fuzzy lumps but when do they play and become different dogs.

Just in case you wear wondering when my sister(17) leaves for collage the puppy will stay with me and
kodi(will be 13 when she leaves) and then when kodi gets wrapped up in school or goes to collage himself the puppy will move in with Marsha (unless I fall in love and keep it)
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!