View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 05:15 PM   #7
caw
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
If you are growing coat you have to be so careful on what you use. The ingredients says Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Panthenol, Hydorolyzed Silk, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Tocopheryl Acetate, and Frangrance. I just used a little on the mat, and rub it between thumb and forefinger, and it seemed to dissovle the mat, without hurting the hair. I did not use it after the bath, only before the bath. He got a sticker/burr in his hair once too, and it worked well on getting that out too. I haven't used it much now that he has his adult coat; he just doesn't tangle/matt like he did as a puppy. Some people recommend corn starch on tangles before the bath, but the main thing is to get the tangle out before the hair is wet, otherwise, water seems to glue the hairs together, making it even tougher to remove.
Exactly!! You know, I remember getting burrs out of my horse's tail using...of all things....Formula 44...it worked like "magic"! Those burrs would just slide out of the tail of my horse with such ease. We all used to use that when burrs got into the manes and tails of our horses. We also used to use "very" diluted bleach to treat thrush (for the hooves) and ringworm. Bleach kills anything. Of course, you'd have to be careful not to turn your horse out during the day. You wouldn't want the coat to get the bleached out look.
caw is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!