View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 03:46 PM   #6
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caw View Post
Nancy...does Cowboy Magic have silicone in it? I know that Show Sheen does..so I won't use it on Daisy because I've heard it will eventually ruin the coat. I don't know anything about Cowboy Magic though. I have always just "assumed" it was very similar to Show Sheen. I used to show horses and the big product was Show Sheen. I don't think Cowboy Magic was around then.
If you are growing coat you have to be so careful on what you use. The ingredients says Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Panthenol, Hydorolyzed Silk, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Tocopheryl Acetate, and Frangrance. I just used a little on the mat, and rub it between thumb and forefinger, and it seemed to dissovle the mat, without hurting the hair. I did not use it after the bath, only before the bath. He got a sticker/burr in his hair once too, and it worked well on getting that out too. I haven't used it much now that he has his adult coat; he just doesn't tangle/matt like he did as a puppy. Some people recommend corn starch on tangles before the bath, but the main thing is to get the tangle out before the hair is wet, otherwise, water seems to glue the hairs together, making it even tougher to remove.

Join today and remove this ad!