View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 06:54 AM   #1
cocosmommie
Yorkie Talker

Default At my wits end!!!!! Help with Dominant Morkie

Well, Potty training has been great. Not one accident in awhile! Yeah
Last night was our first night of formal obedience training. I have already taught her sit, down, stay and stand. She is very smart.
All during class she screamed and screeched to try to get at the other dogs. The trainer had us do a couple of meets to check her out. She meet a morkie just a little smaller than her (shes around 8-10lbs). She was very dominant and he submitted to her. A larger dog she meet didn't go as well. She puffed up and tried to dominate it, well it didn't submit. It didn't become aggressive either she did. She tried to attack it. Class was hard because she wanted to attack every dog in there and even growled at to children who came near her. Even the trainer said she would have to contact other trainers for advice as they have not come up against a small dog as aggressive as she is at only 9 months old. She even nipped at me having to restrain her at one point. Does anyone have any advice? She is spayed. I have only had her about 6 weeks, and the people said she was terrorizing their 9 year old dog. We have tried shaking cans with penny's , and the squirt bottle. Nothing helps with her behavior. Even a bark off electronic thing doesn't stop her excessive barking.
At first we thought it may be fear based, but watching her we are not so sure. Her ears were pricked forward, tail (what there is lol) was up, chest out. She would also try to stand over them even the large dog. PLEASE HELP. She's still young and this will only get worse through adolescence and adult hood!.
Also she is not allowed on our furniture, she is crated, she has to sit and wait before eating. She does not growl about toys or food. She has growled a few times at my kids trying to love her.
Thanks
cocosmommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!