View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 06:36 AM   #6
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissybear View Post
Britster:
What brand of food are you feeding Jackson? I rather not have Gizmo on Royal Canin but thats what the breeder had him on along with Ceasars. I immediately took him off Cesars and no longer eats wet food ( he turns his nose up to everything but Cesars and i refuse to give him that junk). I am probably too to blame for Gizmo being so picky because i've cooked for him as well. So my question is do i just leave out what i want him to eat or what HE WILL eat? I want him to enjoy what he eats. Hes only 3.4 pounds so i worry about him loosing weight while transitioning.

I just bought a bag of Wellness for Puppy about a month ago and he turns his nose up to it. Do you think i should slowly have him switch to that?
Currently I'm rotating between Orijen (Regional Red) and Go! Endurance kibbles. I buy all kinds of different canned foods, ranging from Castor & Pollux, Natures Variety, Wellness, etc.

I've always read what most do to get a dog to eat just dry food is they leave the bowl down in the morning, and if the dog doesn't eat it within 30 minutes or so, they pick it up. Then don't put it down again until the next time the dog is supposed to eat, and do the same thing, put it down for 30 mins or so and pick back up if not touched. Most dogs will learn they have to eat... but I think I'd prefer to free feed a little guy, have food available at all times so he has a choice, he will eventually eat if the food is sitting out too (I would think) Good luck!!!

Btw, if you need to use the Cesar's to transition to another wet food, I would. So buy a can of something else-like Wellness-and only put a tiny bit of that mixed in, but the rest can be the Cesar's. Then slowly add more. Wellness has 95% meat cans that I've never seen a dog turn down. I do feed Jackson Cesar's once a week, sometimes less, as a 'treat' even though they are crap. My dads dogs eat this wet food and I can't help but give him a little bit, lol
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!