View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 05:57 AM   #20
katy-yorkie
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Apple View Post
Apple has been eating the seeds of the hibiscus...I have since cut all the branches off, and fenced it off, so she can't get to it...Hibiscus are very toxic, the leaves, flowers and seeds...I'm going to have it dug up soon...It's a very old hibiscus, so the tap root probably goes down to China! Have you noticed your little Maggie hanging out by the hibiscus, picking up anything to nibble on?
Yes, Maggie hangs out by the Hibiscus. I haven't noticed her eating anything but then I'm gone during the day. DH is SUPPOSED to be watching them but he says they mostly sleep all day until I get home. I didn't know Hibiscus was toxic! They were covered some last week because of the freeze. She have been spending extra time around them wondering what was going on with the covering and uncovering. She is my Nosie Rosie. She may very well have gotten into the Hibiscus, I was working in the yard all day Sunday and she will stay out there with me when I do. I didn't see if she was hanging out there but she loves to, they are by the pool and she always has a glimmer of hope that she is going to go swimming. Would she have gotten the bloody stools in one day?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!