View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 09:12 PM   #13
DvlshAngel985
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by backwardsrain View Post
Some things that make a breeder "bad" I really don't understand. I've read that breeders who sell small puppies for more are "bad" breeders. But since the demand for smaller puppies is higher, how can they not price them higher, or price the large yorkies lower?

I've searched every website I can find, and not found a single breeder within my state that fits the guidelines of a "good" yorkie breeder, and that's including the show breeders. It's frustrating when I just want to be the responsible owner of a pet yorkie!
You keep looking. There isn't much more that you can do. All puppies look cute, and really it comes down to shopping for a breeder, not for a pup. As long as someone stands behind their dogs is a good breeder, and that means being there for their puppy's family. Also, someone that doesn't price dogs because of demand is a good breeder. For the most part, tinnies are special needs puppies. They require extra care. Wouldn't it be unfair to charge you an arm and a leg if for the rest of that dog's life you have to be extra careful? Just saying....

Edited to add...
If breeders are doing what you say (that I bolded) they are following economics 101. Supply and demand. They are treating living breathing creatures that feel emotions, feel hunger, happiness, illness, and everything you and I feel, and they are treating their dogs no better than a toaster. That to me is sick sick sick, and shows that human behind the breeding program doesn't have ethics and morals.

Last edited by DvlshAngel985; 02-07-2011 at 09:15 PM.
DvlshAngel985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!