View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 06:25 PM   #1
katy-yorkie
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default Maggie is pooing blood

I noticed Maggie had not been eating the last few days but decided to watch her and see. Her stools were normal on Saturday. There was no pooh to pick up yesterday afternoon. That was strange but I didn't worry. This afternoon when I walked her, she had diarrhea. I pick up as much as I could but didn't pay attention to it. A few minutes later she went again, all I had was a clear baggie. When I picked it up it was just runny blood. I took her to the vet, he did blood work, x-rays, sub-Q fluids and the usual injections - Cerenia, Centrine, Ampicillin and Dexamethasone. Sent her home with the same meds - Panacur and Metronidazole. She has been acting fine, running, barking, etc. She did act a little tired when we were walking, I don't think she wanted to go. She had almost this same thing in November but she had dark (looked like tar) diarrhea. I still don't have any answers as to what she has, although the vet mentioned that this time he thought it was something toxic. Now that I have written a small novel...any ideas? What do I do now, if anything but wait and see if she gets well?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!