Thread: Designer dogs?
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 04:53 PM   #9
kjcmsw
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyraandMrJ View Post
sells mixed puppies {yorkie/pom or yorkie poo} and pure yorkies of the same age? Would you? Now in this area it's a comon nasty thing that a breeder/greeder will pick what looks pure slap ckc papers on them and sell as pure. and those who look mix the same thing with a cute name.

it's all about the ethics. [/I]
I would agree that I would be hesitant to buy a "purebred" Yorkie from someone who also bred yorki-poo's only because I'd always wonder was mine really 'purebred' or one of the mixes...which probably isn't fair, but that's me. However, I don't see the problem with a breeder breeding two different dog breeds (though I'd question the quality if they were breeding several different breeds on their own). But someone could certainly be a good breeder of Yorkies and in addition to their passion for Yorkies, maybe also have a passion for Chihuahua's or some other breed. I wouldn't discount someone's breeding practices automatically on the fact they choose to breed two different breeds. Or maybe they have the Yorkies and their good friend or adult child has the other breed and they got together for their combined love for breeding small dogs. I just see where it is often "red flagged" as a bad breeder who breeds more than one breed, which seems a little presumptuous without further information.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!